A sport and activity programme to improve the health, lifestyle and wellbeing of our policing family
ONLINE SUPPORT FOR PARTICIPANTS
An online community where you will be able to link up with other families and obtain extra support and materials to help you on your fitness journey.
The details of how to join will be emailed to you by your Force co-ordinator once you have been selected to join the 1TeamActive programme.
As the National Wellbeing lead I am delighted to hear that TeamPolice has been granted funds from Sport England and the National Lottery to create the 1TeamActive initiative – an exciting and innovative programme to support the physical and mental wellbeing of our staff.
Our key objectives:
- Embed a sustainable grass roots sport and activity programme within the Police Service which improves the mental and physical wellbeing of our police officers, staff, volunteers, and their families.
- Ensure the programme has maximum reach and particularly to those who will experience the greatest benefit.
- Provide opportunity, support and education to individuals that will have a lasting effect by changing lifestyle practices for the whole family.
- Deliver improved work performance by inspiring and supporting happier and healthier lifestyles amongst staff.
- Provide an evidence-base, through evaluation, which demonstrates the causal link between the improved mental and physical wellbeing of staff and their families and keeping people safe.
- Ensure the programme is sustainable within the organisation delivering a continued healthy workforce.
- Develop effective collaborative working relationships with all police forces involved with the programme.
We are pleased to be supporting 1TeamActive at a time when health and wellbeing has never been more important. Keeping active during this challenging time will really help the way the police and their families feel, both physically and mentally, through innovative ways to get everyone active and having some fun.
I am delighted that we have achieved this award and excited about working in partnership with Sport England delivering our common goals. The Police service, like other emergency services right now, is exhausted and creaking at the seams. We have a civic duty to look after the people who look after us and that is why I am so pleased we can support the Police service with 1TeamActive.
1TeamActive is delighted to announce that the Police Forces taking part in this exciting pilot programme are Humberside, Northumbria, South Yorkshire, West Midlands and Wiltshire.
In partnership with Sport England, and with £348k of funding from the National Lottery, TeamPolice is excited to announce the launch of 1TeamActive.