A sport and activity programme to improve the health, lifestyle and wellbeing of our policing family
As the National Wellbeing lead I am delighted to hear that TeamPolice has been granted funds from Sport England and the National Lottery to create the 1TeamActive initiative – an exciting and innovative programme to support the physical and mental wellbeing of our staff.
Our key objectives:
- Embed a sustainable grass roots sport and activity programme within the Police Service which improves the mental and physical wellbeing of our police officers, staff, volunteers, and their families.
- Ensure the programme has maximum reach and particularly to those who will experience the greatest benefit.
- Provide opportunity, support and education to individuals that will have a lasting effect by changing lifestyle practices for the whole family.
- Deliver improved work performance by inspiring and supporting happier and healthier lifestyles amongst staff.
- Provide an evidence-base, through evaluation, which demonstrates the causal link between the improved mental and physical wellbeing of staff and their families and keeping people safe.
- Ensure the programme is sustainable within the organisation delivering a continued healthy workforce.
- Develop effective collaborative working relationships with all police forces involved with the programme.
We are pleased to be supporting 1TeamActive at a time when health and wellbeing has never been more important. Keeping active during this challenging time will really help the way the police and their families feel, both physically and mentally, through innovative ways to get everyone active and having some fun.
We’re excited to be working in partnership with TeamPolice and Sport England on the 1TeamActive programme. Having worked on several wellbeing related projects with the Policing family across the UK, we’re looking forward to bringing our expertise into the programme and evaluating how it impacts the physical and mental wellbeing of Police personal and their families.
I am delighted that we have achieved this award and excited about working in partnership with Sport England delivering our common goals. The Police service, like other emergency services right now, is exhausted and creaking at the seams. We have a civic duty to look after the people who look after us and that is why I am so pleased we can support the Police service with 1TeamActive.
1TeamActive in partnership with Sport England and National Lottery funding has just completed rolling out the programme to four pilot forces across the country namely, Humberside, Northumbria, West Midlands and Wiltshire.
1TeamActive’s first round of event days have just taken place for four Police forces: Humberside, West Midlands, Wiltshire and Northumbria.
1TeamActive is delighted to announce that the Police Forces taking part in this exciting pilot programme are Humberside, Northumbria, South Yorkshire, West Midlands and Wiltshire.