TeamPolice is committed to improve mental and physical wellbeing in the Police Service so we welcome the recent changes to upgrade the impact of social value in Government procurement.
Introduced on 1 January 2021, and designed to encourage businesses to give back to their relevant communities and charities, all businesses bidding to win public service contracts now have to demonstrate how they will deliver social value priorities. This is a huge step-change in approach, with all contract bids now being explicitly assessed for social impact – worth up to 10% of the overall procurement score, though some authorities push that to 40% .
The new social value model encourages businesses to support their relevant communities to improve health and wellbeing and is expected to help broaden the ‘value’ of these contracts. It is also envisaged that successful bidders will help communities manage and recover from the impact of COVID-19.
For suppliers to Policing and Criminal Justice the Police family is a highly relevant group whom they could support in this way.
TeamPolice already supports the Police service by improving health, wellbeing and recovery through the medium of sport and physical activity. Our goals are to raise much needed funds through an innovative commercial sponsorship scheme to help improve the wellbeing of everyone who is serving , has served and their families in our UK police forces by enabling increased participation in sport and physical activity.
We are partnered with Police Sport UK(PSUK) whose patron is HM The Queen, and has a membership of over 300,000 serving police officers, police staff, retired officers and staff. Representing ALL police forces in the UK, PSUK plays a major role in providing social and recreational activities for the membership. A comprehensive range of sporting sections provide competition at local, regional, national and international levels. Our scheme offers an approved route to ‘give back’ to the Police Service and also provides members with additional business benefits.
Reach out and talk to us about how TeamPolice can help your organisation increase its presence in the police market. If your company would like to deliver demonstrable and measurable social value outcomes within the Police service, then we’d love to hear from you. We have a number of options available and can always tailor our services to meet your specific needs.
If you are interested in talking to us about how TeamPolice can help your organisation deliver social impact …
There are two main themes in the new rules which relate to TeamPolice sponsors:
Improve community integration. Activities that:
- Demonstrate collaboration with users and communities in the codesign and delivery of the contract to support strong integrated communities.
- Influence staff, suppliers, customers and communities through the delivery of the contract to support strong, integrated communities
Help local communities to manage and recover from the impact of COVID-19:
- Create employment, re-training and other return to work opportunities for those left unemployed by COVID-19, particularly new opportunities in high growth sectors.
- Support people and communities to manage and recover from the impacts of COVID-19, including those worst affected or who are shielding.
- Support organisations and businesses to manage and recover from the impacts of COVID-19, including where new ways of working are needed to deliver services.
- Support the physical and mental health of people affected by COVID-19, including reducing the demand on health and care services.
- Improve workplace conditions that support the COVID-19 recovery effort including effective social distancing, remote working, and sustainable travel solutions.
- Government news release about new measures to deliver value to society through public procurement.
- Government Commercial Function – Social Value Model Quick Reference Table
This quick reference table contains only the Model Evaluation Question, Model Award Criteria, Model Response Guidance and Reporting Metrics
for each policy outcome.
- Government Commercial Function – The Social Value Model
- Government Commercial Function – Guide to using the Social Value Model