The chosen Forces have been sent the links to their support packs and will be starting to advertise internally for people to sign up – so keep your eyes peeled if you would like to apply!
The first events will start at the end of June when Government restrictions are lifted and the 1TeamActive team has been working furiously to ensure that everything is ready for a successful launch. These ‘introduction days’ will provide an opportunity for candidates and their families to learn, to meet others, and to try different activities in a supportive, fun and encouraging environment.
Following on from the initial event there will be 11 weeks of further activities – including a variety of online resources and training classes to provide flexible and encouraging help to keep participants engaged and, more importantly, active! The support will cover all levels of ability to enable full family participation.
Matt Jukes, Assistant Commissioner Metropolitan Police and Chair of PSUK said, “I am delighted to hear that we have five forces signed up to engage with the 1TeamActive pilot scheme. This is an exciting opportunity to support colleagues and their families coming out of this pandemic. It’s been a time when keeping moving has been difficult and so, as restrictions ease, the launch of the event days on 26th June will be very welcome. I’m sure those taking part will reap the benefits in terms of their fitness, at the same time as having fun with the whole family and creating lasting memories.”
Mike Diaper, Executive Director Children, Young People, & Tackling Inactivity at Sport England says, “We are pleased to be supporting 1TeamActive at a time when health and wellbeing has never been more important. Keeping active during this challenging time will really help the way the police and their families feel, both physically and mentally, through innovative ways to get everyone active and having some fun.”
I am delighted to hear that we have five forces signed up to engage with the 1TeamActive pilot scheme.
I’m sure those taking part will reap the benefits in terms of their fitness, at the same time as having fun with the whole family and creating lasting memories.
1TeamActive is a sport and activity programme to improve the health, lifestyle, and wellbeing of our Policing family. Created by TeamPolice, in partnership with Sport England and with £348k of funding from the National Lottery, this is the first initiative of its kind supporting the Police and their families.
1TeamActive key objectives:
- Embed a sustainable grass roots sport and activity programme within the Police Service which improves the mental and physical wellbeing of our police officers, staff, volunteers, and their families.
- Ensure the programme has maximum reach and particularly to those who will experience the greatest benefit.
- Provide opportunity, support and education to individuals that will have a lasting effect by changing lifestyle practices for the whole family.
- Deliver improved work performance by inspiring and supporting happier and healthier lifestyles amongst staff.
- Provide an evidence-base, through evaluation, which demonstrates the causal link between the improved mental and physical wellbeing of staff and their families and keeping people safe.
- Ensure the programme is sustainable within the organisation delivering a continued healthy workforce.
- Develop effective collaborative working relationships with all police forces involved with the programme.